Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm So Confused

I met the three witches yesterday. They told me that I would become Thane of Cawdor. Their first prophesy came true, but what about the next. They told me that I will soon replace Duncan and become the King. I am so confused. I do not know what to do. Lady Macbeth is pressuring me to kill Duncan. She asks me if I am a man. I have to prove to my love that I can be a man and that I am brave. I don’t want her to think I’m a coward. But I’m having second thoughts because Duncan is my king and I have always been so loyal to him. He even gave me the title of Thane of Cawdor. If what the three wise witches say is true then will I not become king? I will live in peace. I will be wealthy and I will gain the respect of all my kinsmen. It is a desirable future. If only making this choice was easier. What if I fail or I get caught? I might be thrown into the dungeons and killed. Is it worth the risk? Will I truly live a satisfied life knowing that I killed my king? I feel so guilty! Well, I have made up my mind. I shall sneak into Duncan’s chamber whilst he is asleep and stab him.



By: Ananthan K.

0 comments:


Free Blogspot Templates by Isnaini Dot Com and Bridal Dresses. Powered by Blogger